Thursday, January 24, 2008

beaded beanie

although the fingerless glove pattern was tempting, this chickadee decided to branch out. combing through all of my various patterns and books for inspiration, i happened upon a tiny treat...a coats and clark's learn to knit book published in 1968. my gramma passed along this treasure to me. with the knowledge that i gleaned in its pages (and a few liberties taken), i came up with this toasty topper:




p.s.  no more posts until monday...enjoy a relaxing weekend.  xo.

2 comments:

Meaghan said...

Hello! I found your blog through dandelionblu, a crafty friend of mine. I just wanted to cheer for the vintage knitting stuffs from our grandmas too! I have some old guides, similar to the one you have, and some vintage aluminum needles in fantastic colors. It's so happy to know that my Nanny found the same pleasure in curling up and knitting that I do now.

Fantastic blog, btw. :-)

Anonymous said...

this IS a fantastic blog, and THAT is a wonderful little beanie.