Friday, February 29, 2008

there's a party goin' on right here

when this chickadee's fourth grade softball team won the championship, we went roller skating! at the rink we were celebrities spoiled with all-you-can eat pizza and enough sodas to make our parents cringe. they announced our victory, cleared the rink and invited only members of our team out onto the pine to skate to "celebrate" by cool and the gang. if i had it my way, that would be my preferred method of commemorating this chickadee's 100th post.

(ok i'm a couple of posts late with this...but the spirit is the same)



since a group skate-around with kool and his gang would be logistically challenging, this chickadee has decided to give one of you lucky readers a little prezzie. the strawberry lemonade scarf is snipped from the same skein as dr. octagon. sweet and sour strands were held together and worked in a nice knit one, purl one pattern. then the pucker princess was finished off with a bit of fancy fringe.



this softy is sure to help with the transition from winter into spring. she'll brighten things up and keep that lingering chill away. so if you'd like to own a piece of chickadee history, simply comment to this post or (if you are shy) send an email to thischickadee@gmail.com, subject: 100th post prezzie! please be sure to provide some sort of contact information so that i can get in touch with you when you win. here's the fine print:

  • one entry per person please (simpson, i'm on to you)
  • shipping is on me, but i'll most likely choose the triftiest option. friends all over the world are encouraged to enter.
  • the winner will be chosen at random, basically i'm going to write everyone's name on a scrap of paper and pick one out of a hat
  • the contest is open until midnight sunday, 2nd march.
  • the winner will be announced tuesday, 4th march. shipping will commence ASAP.
best of luck to all of you! may the best bird win.

11 comments:

Sherry said...

ohhh! I love it! yum! strawberry fizz!!

Anonymous said...

ooh.oooh me. me. me. does this count as an entry???

c.o.

Anonymous said...

I think that scarf is just smurfy! I want it. Pick me, pick me!!

Congrats on your 100th post! Keep bringing the good times and the laughter, too, and keep making the world a cuter place.

Unknown said...

oooohhhh i love prizes. are family members eligible to win? i like to consider myself a friend and fan too :)

walk the dog baltimore said...

anything done by becky i need to have. like all those pillows in my living room.

Anonymous said...

Not only do I look pretty in pink, I look lovely in lemon. My rare beauty is surpassed only by my wit with the valentines. Pick ME!!

KES

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your 100th post! It doesn't seem like you have many shy post subscribers considering your comment page! Surely a girl sweltering in 100F degree summer down under needs a strawberry lemonade scarf??? Smiles all around. Bon

Anonymous said...

yes indeed...i know a japanese maiden would be very appreciative of an original, handmade chickadee scarf. add me to the running. ja ne...

Pardon My French said...

Firstly, congratulations on the big milestone! When my softball team won the championship, we just got a plaque and went home. Roller skating sounds like fun, but the scarf is nice, too.

Anonymous said...

since i was the grateful recipient of el octagona doctora i will not place myself in the running, but whomever wins this baby is one lucky duck.

Anonymous said...

Dang it. Busted. I must come up with new tricks to subvert the system. However, your scarf would go lovely with the one slipper in a darling orchid color that I have knitted. Well, I'm about to knit it. Ok, I'm thinking really hard about knitting it.

KES