Monday, December 3, 2007

axis: bold as love blanket



an old roommate introduced me to this album and i love it. especially the title track with its lyrics that explore native american color theory.
My red is so confident that he flashes trophies of war,
and ribbons of euphoria
Orange is young, full of daring,
But very unsteady for the first go round
My yellow in this case is not so mellow
In fact I'm trying to say it's frightened like me
And all these emotions of mine keep holding me from
Giving my life to a rainbow like you
i was thinking about this song and knitting when these two images smashed together to form an idea! why not make a blanket inspired by the song? why not indeed. i'm pretty sure that it is going to take a while to finish so i'll update you as progress is made. let's start at the very beginning. it's a very good place to start:


No comments: